Number of Serving: 6-8
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1 ea Roasted chicken, shredded
1 pkg Pioneer Taco Seasoning
1/2 each Onion, diced
2 ea Roma tomatoes, diced
1 ea Jalapeno, diced
1 c Monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
1 pkg Corn Tortillas
For the Sauce:
1 pkg Pioneer Country Gravy Mix
2 1/2 c Chicken broth, divided
2 tbsp Chipotle in adobo, minced
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, Pioneer Tao Seasoning, onion, Roma tomatoes, jalapeno, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Using 2 ounces of the mixture, line the inside of a tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll to seal. Line the rolled tortillas, side by side, in a bake safe casserole dish.
- In a sauce pot, combine 2 cups of chicken broth and minced chipotles; bring to a simmer.
- In a separate container, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth and Pioneer Country Gravy Mix. Add to the simmering chicken stock and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the enchiladas and bake for 20-30 minutes