Number of Serving: 6 – 8 Total Time: 45 Minutes Prep Time: 15 Minutes Total Cooking Time: 30 Minutes Whether for breakfast or brunch, start your weekend or holiday mornings off right with a hearty Texas-style Breakfast Casserole made with Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix.
6 slices Texas Toast
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
1 each Red and Green Bell Peppers, diced
1 each Onion, small diced
1 pkg. Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix, prepared and cooled
1/4 tsp. Salt
½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place Texas toast slices in a single layer on the baking dish.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook sausage until no pink remains, about 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread mixture over top of bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cooled Pioneer® Country Gravy, and salt. Slowly pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is set.
- Remove from oven, top with cheddar cheese, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tip: For a crisper casserole, top with cheese and place back in oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.