Number of Serving: 6 – 8
Total Time: 1 Hour
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
Whether for breakfast or brunch, start your weekend or holiday mornings off right with a hearty Texas-style Breakfast Casserole made with Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix.
8 slices Texas Toast, crusts removed
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
1 each Red and Green Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 each Onion, small diced
8 each Eggs
2 cups Milk
1 pkg. Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix
1/4 tsp. Salt
8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place Texas toast slices in a single layer on the baking dish.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook sausage until no pink remains, about 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread mixture on over top of bread.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix, and salt. Slowly pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until casserole is set.
- Remove from oven, top with cheddar cheese, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tip: For a crisper casserole, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.