Yield: 9” Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 pkg. (6oz.) Pioneer Cornbread Mix, prepared
2 cups Pioneer Country Gravy, prepared
8 oz. Bacon, thick-cut, diced
2 each Red Apples, core removed and diced into large pieces
1 cup Onion, sliced into half-moons
1 tbsp. Garlic, sliced thin
1 tbsp. Sage, chopped
1 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Dice prepared cornbread, about 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In skillet, brown the bacon. When fully browned remove from pan and drain all but 1 tbsp of fat.
- In skillet, add onions, garlic, sage, and apples. Sauté for 2 minutes on medium high heat. Transfer all contents of pan to a large bowl.
- In empty skillet, add the diced cornbread and top with contents of large bowl.
- Add chicken stock to prepared Pioneer Country Gravy then pour the contents over the ingredients in the skillet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with additional sage sprigs.
Tip: For added crunch dice or slice an additional apple to top right before serving.