Yield: one 9-10” Skillet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 pkg. Pioneer Yellow Cornbread Mix, prepared
1 pkg. Pioneer Country Gravy, prepared
16 oz. Breakfast Sausage
1 cup Celery, sliced
1 cup Onions, sliced into half-moons
1 tbsp. Garlic, sliced thin
1 ½ cups Chicken Stock
¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 375˚F.
- DICE prepared corn bread, about 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- BROWN the sausage in a skillet and break into small crumbles. When fully browned, remove from skillet and drain all but 1 tbsp. of fat.
- SAUTE in the same skillet: onions, celery, garlic, and parsley, for 2 minutes on medium-high heat. Then transfer all contents of the skillet plus the browned sausage to a large bowl.
- ADD chicken stock to the prepared Pioneer Country Gravy, stir.
- BACK IN SKILLET, add half of the diced cornbread, then top with contents of the large bowl. Then pour the prepared gravy and chicken stock, evenly, over the ingredients in the skillet. Top with remaining diced cornbread.
- BAKE for 30 minutes.
Tip: For a spicy twist on this recipe, use chorizo instead of breakfast sausage.