Pioneer All Purpose Flour
All purpose flour milled in the heart of Texas for over 150 years. Crafted with professional and home bakers in mind, Pioneer All Purpose Flour treats bakers, chefs and experimenters to premium ingredients and tasty results, every time. This 25 pound bag is packed full of quality, perfect for those who go through quite a bit of flour. Whether you’re looking for the right flour for your scratch-made meals or following a recipe, enjoy the same great taste and quality as generations before you.
- Yields 378 Servings
- Serving Size 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 cups sifted Pioneer flour
- DISSOLVE 2 yeast cakes or active dry yeast in one cup lukewarm water.
- POUR the cup of hot water on the shortening, add salt and mix.
- COOL until lukewarm.
- BEAT eggs and sugar together.
- ADD the dissolved yeast.
- SLOWLY ADD flour and mix well.
- PLACE in a covered bowl, let rise until double in size.
- PUNCH DOWN, oil the surface, cover, and place in the refrigerator until needed. Let stand in room temperature to warm up a little.
- PUNCH DOWN and form into rolls.
- PLACE oiled baking pans and let double in bulk.
- BAKE in a preheated oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
FLAKY PIE CRUST
- 2 cups Pioneer flour
- 2/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3-4 Tbsp. Cold water
- SIFT flour, salt and sugar together.
- CUT in shortening with a knife or crumble in with fingertips.
- ADD water gradually, stirring lightly to make a thick dough.
- ROLL to 1/8 inch thickness on floured board.
- PLACE in oiled pie pans and press into shape.
- BAKE at 400F for about 10 minutes.
- MAKES two 8-inch pie shells.
ENRICHED BLEACHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID).
CONTAINS ALLERGENS: WHEAT
MAY CONTAIN: MILK, EGG, SOY