Number of Serving: 6
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Homemade comfort food the whole famliy will love is easy with our creamy Chicken & Dumplings recipe made special with Pioneer© Country Gravy Mix and Pioneer© Buttermilk Baking Mix.
1 1/2 cup Mixed Vegetables, frozen
1 cup Chicken, cooked and diced
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/2 cup Yukon Gold Potato, small diced (1/4″)
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1 pkg. Pioneer® Country Gravy (Add water per instructions)
1/4 cup Sour cream
1 1/2 cups Water
2 cups Pioneer® Original or Buttermilk Baking Mix
2/3 cup Milk
- Prepare Pioneer® Country Gravy per package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil. Add chopped onion and potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are translucent—3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables, thyme, chicken and all of the prepared gravy mixture and stir to combine. Add 1 ½ cups of water and ¼ cups of sour cream, stir to combine thoroughly. Turn off heat.
- Prepare dumplings by placing 2 cups of Pioneer® Original or Buttermilk Baking Mix in a bowl with 2/3 cup milk, stir with spoon until all dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Bring the gravy and chicken mixture back to a boil then gently drop teaspoons of dough into liquid. Drop all of the dough then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.