Number of Serving: 6
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1 pkg. Pioneer Au Jus Mix
2 cups Water
2 lb. Beef, chuck roast (2-2.5 inches thick)
1 tbsp. Olive oil
2 pc. Onion, sliced
2 pc. Garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Thyme, dried
2 pc. French bread, cut into 6 portions
12 pc. Swiss cheese
- SAUTE using the sauté function add 1 tbsp. olive oil to pot and brown beef on all sides. Remove from pot, then add onions and garlic, along with salt and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes, until onions have softened.
- PREPARE Pioneer Au Jus by adding 2 cups of water to dry mix, whisking to combine, then add to pot with onion mixture. Stir to combine and scrape all bits off of bottom of pot then turn off sauté function.
- PLACE beef back in pot with Au Jus and onion mixture.
- PRESSURE COOK the beef, Au Jus and onion mixture on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- REMOVE cooked beef from pot and let stand for 5 minutes.
- SLICE beef and set aside. Slice bread horizontally and place 1 piece of Swiss cheese on each half of the bread (2pc. per sandwich)
- BUILD sandwich by placing hot sliced beef on bread with cheese and then ladle Pioneer Au Jus and onion mixture onto beef and SERVE.