Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup cream
1 pkg. Pioneer Biscuit Gravy Mix
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. oregano, dried
1/2 cup asparagus, tips
1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 cup rice
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté onions in butter over a low flame until tender and translucent.
- In a separate container, combine milk, cream, and Pioneer Biscuit Gravy. Add this mixture to the sauce pan and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Once the liquid begins to thicken, remove from heat and add goat cheese. Whisk until no lumps remain. Season with salt, nutmeg, and oregano.
- Fold in asparagus, chicken, and rice.
- Pour the mixture into a 9”x9” baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.