Number of Serving: 2 dozen
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups water
1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
1 pkg. Pioneer Chicken Gravy
1 Cup rice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. ginger, ground
4 chicken wings with tips
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 tsp. thyme, fresh
- In a medium sized sauce pan whisk together water, coconut milk, and Pioneer Chicken Gravy. Bring to a simmer.
- Fold in rice and season with salt, red pepper flakes, and ginger.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 20 minutes over a low flame.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, brown the chicken wings in the olive oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic and apple cider vinegars. Reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the apricot jam and toss until the sauce coats the chicken wings evenly.
- Serve the wings on top of the rice and garnish with fresh thyme.