Number of Serving: 6
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
1 pkg. Pioneer Roasted Beef Gravy Mix
2 cups Water
1 tbsp. Olive oil
1 pc. Onion, diced
2 pc. Garlic cloves, sliced
1 lb. Button mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Tomato paste
2 tsp. Thyme, dried
6-8 pc. Ground beef, lean (90%)
1 cup Frozen vegetables (carrots, corn, peas)
2 cups Mashed potatoes, prepared
- SAUTE using sauté function add 1 tbsp. olive oil to pot with onions, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme and tomato paste. Sauté for 5 minutes, until onions and mushrooms have softened and liquid has evaporated.
- ADD ground beef and frozen vegetables and mix to combine and break up ground beef, continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- PREPARE Pioneer Roasted Beef Gravy by adding 2 cups of water to dry mix, whisking to combine, then add to pot with beef and vegetable mixture. Stir to combine and scrape all bits off of bottom of pot then turn off sauté function.
- PRESSURE COOK the beef, vegetable, and gravy mixture on HIGH for 10 minutes. Then spread the mixture evenly in a casserole dish or skillet.
- TOP with prepared mashed potatoes and SERVE.
TIP: Bake Shepherd’s Pie for 20-25 minutes in a 400˚F oven for a professional looking browned top.