Number of Serving: 6
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Whether sweet or savory, our easy-to-make hand pies are definitely a crowd pleaser. For “sweet,” try this Peach Filling recipe or our Pecan Filling recipe, linked below. If you’re in a savory mood, whip up a batch with the BBQ Chicken or BBQ Pork filling, also linked below.
Hand Pie Dough
1 cup Milk
3 cups Pioneer Buttermilk Baking Mix
2 cups Peaches, diced
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup Decorative Sparkling Sugar
2 each Eggs
1/4 cup Water
- PREHEAT oven to 400oF.
- To form hand pie, in a large bowl, MIX together Pioneer Buttermilk Baking Mix and milk until a dough forms, then transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead 3-4 times.
- ROLL the mixture out to 1/8-inch thick and cut into rounds using a 4-inch cutter.
- To prepare the Peach filling, fold all ingredients together in a small bowl until evenly combined.
- To make the egg wash, whisk eggs and water together until an even consistency.
- BRUSH egg wash on half of the rounds.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling on the egg washed rounds.
- Lightly STRECH the remaining rounds over the filling to cover the edges of the bottom round.
- Crimp the edges of each pie together using a fork.
- Top sweet hand pies with decorative sparkling sugar.
- BAKE for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.