Number of Serving: 6 – 10
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
A wonderful Tex-Mex style roasted chicken dish layered with tortillas and flavored with Pioneer® Country Gravy.
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1/2 medium Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
1 each Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 each Poblano Pepper
2 tsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 each Roasted Chicken, shredded
1 10 oz. can Diced Tomatoes with Chilis, drained
1 pkg. Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix, prepared
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
8 each Corn Tortillas
1/2 cup Mexican Cheese Blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion, red bell pepper, and poblano pepper and cook until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked onion and peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, chicken, tomatoes, Pioneer® Country Gravy, and cilantro, stir until combined.
- Evenly spread half of the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer half of the corn tortillas on top of the filling.
- Spread the remaining half of the filling on top of the corn tortillas and top with the remaining corn tortillas.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
Tip: Garnish with diced jalapenos, pickled jalapenos, fresh sliced jalapenos, or fresh picked cilantro.