Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Seen on Great Day SA!
1 package Pioneer Yellow Cornbread Mix
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
4 strips cooked bacon, chopped
1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 chopped scallions, white and light green part
1 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, divided
1 tsp. chopped thyme
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
12 large mushroom caps
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. melted butter
- Prepare Pioneer Yellow Cornbread Mix according to package directions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil in a medium sautè pan. Add onions and sauté for 5 – 6 minutes until translucent. Allow to cool slightly.
- Once cornbread is cool, crumble into mixing bowl. Add sautéed onions, bacon, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, scallions, parsley, thyme and chicken stock. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and melted butter until well mixed.
- Stuff mushroom caps with cornbread mixture. Top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked and stuffing is warmed through.