Total Time: 20 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Making your baked beans from scratch is easy, and your guests will taste the difference.
2 cup beef or pork broth
1 package Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy Mix
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. honey or molasses
1/4 cup apple cider
1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
1/2 diced onion
2 can large white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup bacon bits (optional)
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine broth and Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy Mix in a medium sauce pan and whisk vigorously.
- Heat over medium flame and add all ingredients except for the beans.
- Cook until mixture thickens into a sauce.
- Add beans and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve as a delicious southern side!