Total Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
About as good as it gets!
2 thinly sliced onions
4 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. sugar
3 cup beef broth
1/4 cup red wine
1 pkg. Pioneer Au Jus Gravy Mix
1/2 tsp. dries thyme leaves
to taste croutons
to taste shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine butter, onions and sugar in a large sauté pan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add red wine and reduce until very little liquid remains. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a medium sauce pot combine Pioneer Au Jus Gravy Mix and beef broth and whisk vigorously.
- Heat the mixture over medium flame until it starts to simmer and thicken.
- Add onions and continue to simmer over medium heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with croutons and cheese and serve!