Total Time: 32 Minutes
Prep Time: 7 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
This satisfying beef stew is easy!
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 lb. beef stewing meat
8 oz. tomato sauce
3 cup beef stock
1 pkg. Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup red wine
1 diced potato
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen carrots
- In a medium sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-high flame.
- Once oil is hot, sear the beef. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Cook out excess moisture from the meat and add tomato sauce and beef stock.
- Reduce the mixture by half over high heat.
- Whisk together Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix and red wine. Whisk away any lumps.
- Add gravy mixture and potatoes to the pot and cook until thickened
- Continue to cook over high heat, checking for consistency. You want the sauce to coat the meat.
- Once the potatoes are done, turn heat to low and fold in frozen peas and carrots.
- Let rest for 5 minutes to heat the vegetables all the way through.
- Enjoy in a large casserole dish with the whole family!